Sunday 27 November 2011

The Mighty Beast Slayer

Guess who had entered "History" from its most glorious doors?!




Yes you guessed it right. Shaykh G seems to have been the newest "Super Hero" in town.
You ask how and why?

Well there is a nice story to it - seems like I am more of a story teller, hope u enjoy it - which is dated to the ancient times of the 21st century on November of 2011, yesterday the 26th to be more specific.

Well, the thing is the New Slider Station Branch which most of us have been waiting for the grand opening for quiet a while have finall opened at Oasis by the Sea in Al Shati at Muscat- yeeeeaaaah wooohooo (Jumping all over the place like a little girl) - & i was lucky enough to be around for the 2nd day of opening.

Most of you are wonder now where does the beast come into all this, well guess what? They have an awesome challenge called the Might Beast challenge and goes like this:
You order The Might Beast Burger Which is filled with 8 oz of beef among other proteins such as fried eggs and halal bacon, & if you were "Man enough" - or "Woman Enough"-  to finish devouring the whole beast before it devours you then you get to be listed on their wall of Mighty Beast Slayers forever.

Upon hearing the cheers of the lovely bunch of staff for being the first brave warrior to attempt slaying the beast. I gladly took the challenge and cheated on my vegetarian diet i was on for a week and man was it an experience!!



Below is the picture of the beast I had to go against and to give you and idea of the size, think of the size of a small pizza from pizza hut and stack it up with beef, eggs and bacon and salad then cover it with another small pizza.


I must say it was a chance to test how much will power i had and how can i use the power of my mind for my advantage. and trust me it wasn't an easy task.

At start the nice taste of my medium to well beef patty was an encouragement and the combination beef, eggs, bacon, pickles, salad, & dressing was sweet and in the right ratio.

However, its when you get to the mid of the battle that spirits are really tested.

Its when i reached to this stage that I realised the marathon is not as short as it seems and here is when things started to change. Devouring beef stopped being an enjoyment to me and rather turned into a torture. However, being the hero that I am, i refused to give up and kept on going on despite the pain.

Basically, a combination of sipping some water and a fizzy drink and taking few breather breaks and going for a short walk kind helped.

Until i ended up here.
This was the part where the bread was the hardest thing to ever eat and made me really consider not eating bread for the rest of my life. Never the less, that didn't stop me from being a mighty beast slayer with a headache from all the food and reaching a stage where I considered being a vegetarian for the rest of my life.

Unfortunately, I was under the influence of "Breads & Al-Lohom (i.e meats)" that I couldnt function properly at that stage.

However now being the first to Slay the best my name is currently recorded on the Slider Styles Mighty Beast Challenge Wall and I will let you guys figure out which is my name since they didn't recorded in actual order, which I have to go complain about.

Over all it was an awesome and pleasant experience and I wouldn't mind repeating it one day but I will need some time to recover, could be weeks, months, or maybe few hours ;)

I must say that Slider Station is an awesome place to go for dinner and currently they open form 7pm till 11pm & I give them 8.5 for ambiance 9 for Service, and 8 for the food.

Thank you and hope you enjoyed the adventure.


More to come soon ;)

2 comments:

  1. Seems like I was out done by a competitor and I am officially the 2nd to slay the Beast hence I stand corrected I am the 2nd on the list ;) maybe i can Kill more Mighty beasts to win the challenge ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The slayer at one point was breathless, it was unforgettable:-)

    ReplyDelete